Mike Hawkins is the Director of Community Housing with the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA). VHDA is the state of Virginia’s mortgage finance agency. Created in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, affordable housing. Their mission is to be the Leading Mobilizing Force for Affordable Housing Virginia.
To meet Virginia’s most critical housing needs, VHDA develops and updates its Strategic Plan and Objectives annually. In the F06 Strategic Plan, the authority is focusing on these goals:
- Expand affordable housing opportunities throughout Virginia’s diverse communities
- Address housing needs of minorities and diverse cultures
- Support community revitalization efforts
- Increase housing opportunities for seniors and people with disabilities
- Strengthen VHDA’s long-term ability to provide Affordable Housing in Virginia